University College Dublin
UCD is ranked among the best universities in the world and is the most popular choice for international students studying in Ireland. Founded in 1854, UCD is one of the country’s oldest universities. It's also its largest university, offering a diverse range of degree programmes.
When you successfully complete the International Foundation Year, you can progress to a range of undergraduate degrees at UCD.
5 reasons to choose University College Dublin
- Ireland's global university - UCD is Ireland’s largest university. It's home to over 33,000 students. The population includes over 8,000 international students from 136 countries. It was also the first university in Europe to open a Global Lounge. This hub for international students is a great place to meet other students from all over the world.
- Beautiful leafy campus - The Belfield campus is on 133 hectares of landscaped parkland – making it the largest urban campus in Europe. This beautiful leafy setting has everything you need in one place. It has cutting-edge sports and academic facilities. You will also find a range of accommodation options. Safe and modern, the campus also has 24-hour security.
- Top-ranking education - UCD is ranked in the top 1% of institutions worldwide according to the QS World University Rankings 2022, placed 173 in the world overall. For the third year in a row, UCD is ranked the number one in Ireland for graduate employability and 78th in the world (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022). It’s the first choice for international students in Ireland. Degrees at UCD are accredited by the world’s leading professional organisations.
- Triple crown of accreditation - The UCD College of Business is Ireland’s top business school. It's one of the few schools in the world to hold triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA (MBA Today, 2021).
- Supporting employability - UCD is the ideal place for you to launch your career. Many degrees offer internship or work placement opportunities. It has industry links all around the world, including more than 1,200 multinationals based in Dublin. UCD runs exchange programmes with over 400 leading universities around the world, giving you even more opportunities for international study.
UCD’s Belfield campus offers everything you’ll need for a comfortable student life. Discover restaurants, cafés, student clubs and world-class academic facilities. You’ll soon become part of the lively and friendly campus community.
UCD Global Lounge
The UCD Global Lounge is a dynamic hub for internationalism on the UCD campus. It's a dedicated space for globally-focused student groups and organisations. They host seminars, talks, film evenings, exhibitions, and other events for students. Plasma screen televisions broadcast 350 international TV stations, including Sky Sports and ESPN.
Clubs and societies
You'll find over 70 active student societies and almost 60 sports clubs on campus. There is something for everyone, from canoeing to comedy to chemical engineering.
The International Student Society arranges activities and excursions all around Ireland. Make sure you sign up for the chance to meet fellow students who are also studying abroad. You'll also get to know Ireland’s beautiful countryside and warm-hearted people.
- Olympic-sized swimming pool
- 3D cinema
- 600-seat auditorium
- TV studio
- The National Hockey Stadium
- 17 natural grass sports pitches
- Climbing wall
- Drama theatre
- Support services
As well as excellent academic support, at UCD you’ll have access to:
- Student Advisors – support throughout your time at University College Dublin
- The Students’ Union – welfare services, from accommodation and health to finance
- Niteline – a listening and information service run by students for students
- UCD Counselling Service – an accessible, confidential support service
- Chaplaincy Centre – a faith directory of contacts and other useful information
"UCD is one of the greatest places to study. It’s also an exciting place where you can go to all the events and you can get involved with friends and other colleges. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. My favourite place for studying is the third floor in the law building. It’s a very quiet place where you can have the view of the lake."
Nurmeen from Saudi Arabia
Studied the International Foundation Year
Progressed to BComm Commerce