Your home away from home
Studying in a new country is an exciting experience. You'll meet lots of new friends, and living with other students is a great way to settle into life in Dublin.
When you study at the International Study Centre you can benefit from living in either student residence, off-campus homestay, or arrange your own accommodation.
Dublin International Study Centre students will have the benefit of living on the main UCD campus at which offers:
- Close proximity to restaurants, shops, gym, sports centre and swimming pool
- A choice of apartments with shared kitchen and living room
- On-site launderette, bicycle storage, social spaces and 24-hour security
- Events organised throughout the year by community-building experts ResLife.
|Residence||Cost per week*|
*Limited accommodation available at the University residences. The cost shown is intended as a guide only and is subject to change. The cost of your room will be confirmed in the tenancy agreement.
Discover the residences available at UCD with a virtual tour.
Under 18's accommodation
If you are younger than 18 at the start of your course, it is mandatory for you to stay in a homestay option that will be arranged through our approved third-party provider.
How to book your room
Applying for accommodation is easy.
- Request accommodation when you apply. Please read our Terms & Conditions and cancellation policy carefully.
- Confirm your place. The accommodation team will then invite you to apply for your accommodation online.
- Apply for accommodation using the University’s online system. Follow the application guidelines and pay a deposit.
- Secure your room by following the confirmation guidelines and making due payments.
- Pay the rent for your first semester before you move in.
Arranging your own accommodation privately
If you are booking your own accommodation privately it is important that you let us know where you are staying.
Look out for fraud
Scammers may specifically target international students so it is important to be able to recognise common signs of fraudulent activity and know what to do if you come across it. Let us know at email@example.com if you have any concerns about fraudulent activity when dealing with a private accommodation provider so that we can help to protect you and other international students in case they are targeted in the same way.
What our students say
"The campus has really beautiful landmarks. I really love the nature and the old buildings. The mix is very beautiful...I live in the residences on campus. I think it’s very convenient since I don’t have to travel around."
Shaikah from Thailand/Saudi Arabia
Studied International Foundation Year
Progressed to Medicine at UCD
Arrange your room
If you require support in sourcing accommodation, please contact our Dublin International Study Centre Central Student Support Team to enquire about our currently available accommodation options.
Download the campus map (pdf) to help you find your way around.